ianuarie 27, 2021

“Obsessed by a fairy tale,

 ...we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace.” ― Eugene O'Neill

 “There is no present or future-only the past, happening over and over again-now.”
Eugene O'Neill,
A Moon for the Misbegotten 

The fog was where I wanted to be. Halfway down the path you can’t see this house. You’d never know it was here. Or any of the other places down the avenue. I couldn’t see but a few feet ahead. I didn’t meet a soul. Everything looked and sounded unreal. Nothing was what it is. That’s what I wanted—to be alone with myself in another world where truth is untrue and life can hide from itself. Out beyond the harbor, where the road runs along the beach, I even lost the feeling of being on land. The fog and the sea seemed part of each other. It was like walking on the bottom of the sea. As if I had drowned long ago. As if I was the ghost belonging to the fog, and the fog was the ghost of the sea. It felt damned peaceful to be nothing more than a ghost within a ghost.”

Eugene O'Neill, Long Day's Journey into Nigh

Niciun comentariu: